Monday 13 January 2020

Gorge-ous




So over the next few days there will be a watery theme to my blog.

Just after New Year I went for a day out in North Wales. I went to Beddgelert, a lovely village that I have been to many times walking along the river and eating ice cream.

This time however the ice cream parlour was closed (it is mid winter and the number of visitors is pretty low) and rather than stop in the village I drove a little further out and parked up so that I could walk back along the gorge.

This is Aberglaslyn Gorge and the rough path works its way along the river's edge through spectacular scenery. The walk itself its just about four miles return or there is a slightly longer circular walk that takes you over the mountain via an ancient copper mine.

The light in the gorge was lovely and the noise of the water as it thundered through the valley was incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment