Sunday 7 April 2019

Face In The Mirror


If you have followed any of my blog, particularly in recent weeks you will know that I have a thing for reflections. I have been concentrating a lot on abstract images from reflected light on water but looking through a few folders and I spotted this image.

Initially this was a colour image because of the striking colours of this beautiful crowned crane, it was also shot with the bird looking down. 

However for this particular image I was less interested in the colours as it was the idea of the bird glimpsing its reflection as it took a brink, lifting its head it paused briefly as if surprised to see another bird looking back. By rotating the image through ninety degrees it creates a new perspective as if looking into a mirror and the water droplets appear suspended in space. By converting it to black and white it also enhances the mirror effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment