Saturday 6 April 2019

Insta People




I don't often post pictures of people and I hesitated before sharing these today. However I do like street photography, capturing candid images of people going about their lives and I do like these pictures.

These shots were all taken in Burano, which as you can see from the third image is a beautiful and brightly coloured town criss-crossed with canals and full of character.

As well as the individually painted houses the town is famous for lace which is very expensive but beautifully hand crafted and alongside the artisan glass from Murano perhaps makes the best memento from a visit to Venice.

Visiting in February the streets of Burano were quiet, almost deserted in places; quite different to the summer months when it is much busier although still less crowded than Venice itself. It is a perfect time to appreciate the beauty of the place.

I took these shots because I was amazed to see how virtually all the young visitors to the island town were more focused on capturing selfies and the perfect "instapose" and staring at their phones rather than looking at what was around them. Perhaps I am showing my age but it seemed such a waste. 

No comments:

Post a Comment