Wednesday 8 July 2020

Dip Dip Dip



So the other day I told you that my goal for the year was to photograph a Dipper one of the most amazing songbirds in Britain, not because of its song but because of its amazing swimming ability. Due to the current lockdown it was starting to look like I would miss out. On my first trip out with the intention of photographing one I managed just one fleeting glimpse as an adult bird flew past me downstream.

A couple of days later I headed back to the River Wye in Derbyshire and this time in Chee Dale I was so excited to see this little beauty. I watched it feeding and then as it perched on this mossy log I was able to get some shots.  I am always super critical of my pictures and I know I can do better so I will definitely be on the lookout for more opportunities but I am pleased with these images and the memories that go with them.

A little further downstream I heard the noisy chatter of two more dippers, an adult bird feeding a hungry youngster. It is scenes like that that really underline why I love being outdoors and why I love nature and wildlife photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment