Sunday 26 July 2020

Castlerigg Stone Circle






I have had a really busy week with work and so I haven't had time to review the results of my late night trip to Castlerigg from last Saturday.

I had gone up with the intention of photographing the comet but as you can see from the first image there was so much cloud cover I thought that perhaps it would be a wasted trip. However I will never waste an opportunity and I think the cloud lent itself to quite a spectacular sunset.

While there I met a few other like minded photographers and as the sun set we waited in hope that conditions would improve. Patience paid off too because the clouds passed and we were treated to a spectacularly clear sky with not only a great view of the comet but the milky way above us and Saturn and Jupiter behind us. I learned a lot that night and I am pleased with the results. 

No comments:

Post a Comment