Monday 20 December 2021

Dead Wood




 In the forest in winter it would be easy to think that everything is either dead or dormant but actually as you look around you will find an abundance of life. Everything in the forest works in harmony and even the old dead wood is home to so much new life; from the insects and grubs that feed on it and help to break it down, to the fungi and mosses that draw on its rich supply of nutrients.

Then in the rain or after a heavy rainfall the sound of water dripping from the tress and the sheen on the leaf litter adds even more to the experience.

I enjoyed my woodland walk here (this is in the Black Forest) and I will be certain to get out to a forest near me over the coming weeks so that I can draw on the energy that it gives.

No comments:

Post a Comment