Wednesday 25 May 2022

Hitching a Ride




 So today I have decided to hold off with Bluebells and share something different.

These shots were taken using my 100mm macro lens.

The first shot is a pair of Alder Leaf Beetles, full of the joys of spring I guess. I had some less "raunchy" pics but they were a bit fuzzy because there was quite a strong breeze that was constantly moving the tree so it was hard to get a decent shot so rather than posting a fuzzy pic I went for this indecent one instead.

The beetle in the next two images is another leaf beetle, I am not sure whether it is a dead nettle leaf beetle or a brassy leaf beetle, I am thinking it is the brassy variety but I wouldn't swear to that so I will leave that to the better informed to decide. Of course it may be neither of these two varieties as there are several different leaf beetles that are found in the UK. They were busily munching on the leaves and going about their beetle business. In the second image if you look closely you can see the detail of its compound eye. I really like the iridescent green.  

No comments:

Post a Comment