Sunday 15 February 2015

Snowdrops






It has become a bit of a tradition for me now to head out each winter to visit one of the nearby National Trust properties to see the early spread of Snowdrops.

This year I went to Chirk, which as you will know is one of my favourite places to visit and where they have a lovely woodland walk with a mass of Snowdrops.

Over the next few days I will be posting some of the pictures I took recently.  Mostly they will be like today of the different varieties of Snowdrop but also some of the other plants and blossoms which hint at the approach of spring.

I hope you enjoy today's pictures, I like the dew on the individual bloom and I love the carpet of flowers and the way they catch the morning light, let me know what you think.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I particularly love the third photograph

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Talitha, I've used that picture as the desktop background on my laptop 😊

      Delete