Monday 2 February 2015

A dusting of snow



Just a couple of snow themed pictures for today.  These were taken in Styal woods and although the fields around the woods were covered with snow in the sheltered woodland there was just a light dusting.

The first picture is a macro shot of some snow flakes/crystals which in reality would just about cover the tip of my thumb.  These flakes were resting on a small clump of moss at the base of a tree.

The second picture is of snow layered on a fallen Birch tree.  I was interested in the curl of bark which stood out because of the snow, if it hadn't been for the white background I am not sure I would have noticed it, as it is I think it is quite an interesting shot.

2 comments:

  1. Nice. Not much snow here this year. I like the first picture, great close up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed that Marisa was wishing for a snow day recently. We don't get too much here due to being so close to the sea I guess.

      Glad you like the pictures

      Delete