Saturday 10 December 2016

Rhinoceros unicornis


I said yesterday that I would be posting more images from my brief visit this week  to Aberaeron, however today I had an opportunity to use my membership of Chester Zoo (thanks kids for my birthday gift) and spend a couple of hours taking photos. It was cold and grey so fortunately (for me) the zoo wasn't very busy which meant I had time to watch some of my favourite animals without lots of distractions. 

I didn't tour the whole zoo, I will have plenty of opportunities to go back, but I spent some time watching the Red Pandas and some of the big cats. For today however I have chosen a shot of an animal I haven't photographed before; the Indian Rhinoceros also known as the greater one horned rhino. The zoo has some Black Rhino, a baby was born there in January this year but this is the Indian Rhino and it looks quite prehistoric with its heavy armoured hide. It's not pretty but I think it is magnificent.

No comments:

Post a Comment