Saturday 20 July 2019

Golden Fly


So today is my birthday and I went for a walk at Bickerton Hill in Cheshire. The day had started off wet and grey but by this afternoon it brightened up a little.

I had my bag of kit with me, unsure exactly what I would shoot but I spotted this fly and decided today would be a Macro day...

I got some nice shots of bugs and some early season fungi and I look forward to sorting through them and sharing them with you.

It is pretty much universally accepted that flies are ugly, dirty pests but when you take a closer look they often have some really interesting features. Take this one for instance the golden stripes on its face set it off. In the original shot (this is a low res image) the features are really sharp too so you can see the individual lenses that make up the compound eyes.


No comments:

Post a Comment