Friday 12 July 2019

Monochrome Twilight


I had gone looking for a series of ponds where I was told there would be some good opportunities for some wildlife shots. I had followed the sound of a large and very noisy flock of birds that I think were settling to roost for the night but the area was too overgrown for me to get access for any good photos. As the light was fading anyway I decided to head back to the campsite that was home for the night. 

Walking back along the track through the barley I was struck by the lines drawing my eye to the oak trees at the edge of the field directly ahead and I knew immediately it would make a great shot. Initially I thought that the soft light of evening would lend a warm glow to the image however the sun off to the right was just too low and the scene was a little too cool so I tried again in black and white and I feel this creates a much more atmospheric landscape.

No comments:

Post a Comment