Sunday 30 August 2020

Almost There...




 I have sat many hours trying to get a decent shot of a Kingfisher. They're small and very fast so I have often seen them dart past or even fishing in the distance but it is not often that I have had one sit close enough to get a clear shot and when I have there has been little time to get the best shot possible. Many attempts have resulted in under exposed or blurry images and my aim is to get a crystal clear detailed photo of one of our most spectacular birds.

I had been watching this male bird fishing a little way across the mere, darting back and forth low across the water and even hovering high up before diving in to catch a fish. I had stopped off on my way home from work and it was so relaxing. I was thrilled when he came to perch on the post nearest to the hide and managed to get a couple of shots before he moved slightly further away. These don't have quite the clarity I am after but  I think I am getting there and I know that with a little more time, a lot of patience and a bit more practice I will get the shot I crave.

Even without the perfect shot though just the experience of sitting quietly by the water after a busy day taking in the scenery and enjoying the sight of this beautiful bird was priceless. I also got to watch a gorgeous Little Grebe fishing close by and more surprisingly a bat (possibly a Horseshoe Bat) out hunting in daylight, unforgettable  moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment