Sunday 30 August 2020

Bee kind



 I went to Macclesfield forest recently for a walk with my youngest son. We had a really good time enjoying the sights, sounds and smells of the forest, we watched buzzards fly overhead and were thrilled to see a Goshawk fly swiftly and silently through the trees.

The best photo opportunities were of bees and insects so I kitted up my macro lens and got down into the long grass. As it was still fairly early and still quite cold the bees were only just starting to emerge from where they had been sheltering overnight. 

We watched for a few minutes as this bee slowly climbed up the grass, pausing periodically to look around before continuing its upward journey.

I wonder how it sees the world through its big dark eyes. I love the second image where I came face to face with the bee, its face framed nicely by its hairy body looking rather like a golden halo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment