Monday 2 January 2023

Copenhagen - Art and Architecture




 I think I have shared the first of todays images before but the other two, I don't think so.

These are from Copenhagen in the summer of 2018 when I was on a road trip with my youngest son. We didn't really have too much time in Copenhagen and it is a city that I would love to go back to and explore some more. There is some fantastic modern architecture, like the Opera House which sits opposite the Amalienborg (Royal Residence) and Amaliehaven which is a small park on the waterfront. This is a lovely restful spot along the waterfront, in each corner of the garden is a bronze statue created by the Italian sculptor Arnaldo Pomodoro. I thought they were really impressive as you can see from the two columns in the images above. 


No comments:

Post a Comment