Tuesday 7 November 2017

Bright Lights, Big City








I want to avoid posting typical tourist shots of famous landmarks although there are plenty of great landmarks all around this amazing city. Instead I wanted to find some more unusual sites and at night the illuminations in the shops and offices can be pretty interesting and that is what we have here.
It's a pretty wet and miserable evening here to be honest and I'm feeling the effects of a cold so probably shouldn't have ventured out. But instead of stopping in my hotel room with the TV and room service snacks I set out for a brisk walk in the rain. On my way out to get some tea I had spotted these illuminations and determined that I would photograph them on my return journey.

The first four images are of the same lighting structure above the doorway to some offices and every few seconds they changed colour, I can't decide which colour I like best so posted all four and you can pick your own favourite.

The final image is of a light fixture in the atrium to another large glass fronted office/apartment building, it has a cold sparkle which I rather like and I like the contrasting straight lines and angles behind the ball of light.

No comments:

Post a Comment