Saturday 2 December 2017

Well Spotted



Last Saturday I took my first photo of a Great Spotted Woodpecker when it visited a bird feeder at WWT Martin Mere. I was really surprised to see it feeding on sunflower seeds, it was a real treat.

So today as I visited the RSPB reserve at Burton Mere I didn't expect to have another opportunity to photograph another of these elusive birds but I did and here is the result. This little chap flew in across the fields to a feeding station and in these shots you can see him eyeing up the feeders. Just after I got these pictures he flew to the feeders and ate his fill before flying off across the fields again.

They may not be the sharpest shots but they show that being in the right place at the right time really pays off...

No comments:

Post a Comment