Sunday 10 December 2017

Winter Wonderland




Two different shots from a wintry day in Betws y Coed and two different effects tweaking blacka nd white images in Lightroom. I had some assistance from my son so that I didn't overdo the saturation in either shot and I think they look pretty good.

The first shot is a very simple image of the apex of the snow covered roof of a timber building in the village. Framed by the trees and with a slight blue hue it has a cold wintry feel.

The second shot is looking up the valley along the course of the river Llugwy. I love the mist rising above the trees mixed with the wood smoke from the houses on the hill. I have given the picture a lift by adding a slightly yellow hue which has brought out some definition in the clouds which otherwise appeared flat and grey.

No comments:

Post a Comment