Friday 7 September 2018

Secluded Courtyard


Over the last few days I have been sharing pictures from a recent visit to Dunham Massey but before then I was posting more pictures from my roadtrip earlier this year.

Today's picture is stepping back to the trip and my visit to the Boboli Gardens in Florence.  We had spent a couple of hours walking around the gardens soaking up the atmosphere and the summer sun and as we were making our way to the exit I spotted this wonderful little terrace/courtyard. I love the colours in this picture and the contrast between the warm stone  floor, the rich colour of the walls and the cool green of the climbers around the gateway, And the gate, slightly rickety adds such a lot of character to the scene.

The gardens were quite busy but this little terrace was an oasis of calm and so so beautiful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment