Thursday 21 March 2019

Blue Flame


Sometimes it is really easy to choose a picture to share, sometimes I even know days in advance what I will post here and I get impatient as each day goes by waiting to reveal the next picture.

Today however for some reason I have had a hard time reaching a decision.

This is another of my Reflections of Venice. Originally it was in a portrait orientation and I had cropped it a little tighter and while I really liked the image I wasn't 100% convinced by it. However rotating it through 90 degrees and expanding the view slightly it became a different image altogether and I love it.

I have called it "Blue Flame" because I think it does look a bit like flames only blue with white highlights. It also looks a bit like sand art and I really like the range of different shades and the different layers of light and dark.

As with all of this series of pictures there is so much going on in the image and each time you look you can see something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment