Saturday 30 November 2019

An Early Start



I set out from home just after 5am and set off for the Lake District hoping to get some early morning winter sun. It was -2 C when I set off from home but when I arrived at Glenridding on Ullswater it was -6 C, my hands where painfully cold as I walked long the shore trying to get some good shots.

By now it was 8.30am and the sun was up but here the "steam" rising off the lake formed a thick canopy closing everything in. 

Despite the cold and gloom I think I managed to get some nice atmospheric shots, including these two of a small sailing boat sitting calmly at anchor.

I have used long exposures to enhance the eeriness of the low cloud/fog.

I came back a few hours later after the sun had burned off the clouds and it was a different scene altogether. In time I will share some of those but I have lots more to share from my first proper day out for ages

No comments:

Post a Comment