Wednesday 31 March 2021

Hellebore




 On my first proper day out this year it couldn't have been better weather and so I got in the car, put the roof down headed off down the motorway to Dunham Massey. I spent some time exploring the estate gardens enjoying the spring flowers and beautiful blossoms and then I went for a walk around the deer park and got some lovely photos. After something of a drought of pictures for my blog I now have enough to keep me going for a little while and I really look forward to sharing them with you.

For today I have three pictures of a lovely hellebore. They are not exactly the most exciting flowers but they bring some much needed colour to gardens after winter has passed and herald the start of spring. These are quite nice specimens and it seems fitting that I start my series of spring flowers with the understated hellebore.


No comments:

Post a Comment