Saturday 20 March 2021

Turnstone




 I love wildlife photography, patiently waiting and getting up close to beautiful creatures is so rewarding and something I have really missed doing. Yesterday when I went out I was planning on photographing the lighthouse (see yesterdays' blog) and the sea defences along the beach at New Brighton but I always go out prepared for any eventuality and I was so glad I did because I spotted a small flock of Turnstones taking a break among the concrete structures.

I cautiously approached hoping not to spook them and trying not to get wet or snag my clothes on the barnacles etc. I guess the birds felt quite safe because although they were certainly alert and paid attention to my presence they didn't fly away so I managed to get a few really nice shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment