Saturday 6 May 2023

Across the World








 This is just a selection of shots from around Liverpool's Albert Docks and Chavasse Park on the last bank holiday. The city is gearing up for Eurovision 2023 and it is bringing people together from around the world in a celebration of music (not that I am in any way a fan of Eurovision) at a time when there is so much conflict and division around the globe.

It is 33 years since I first came to Liverpool and I have seen a lot of changes in that time, I like what has happened to the city and although as I say I am no fan of Eurovision I am pleased that Liverpool was chosen to host it this time round and I am encouraged when I see the way the city has embraced it (despite the disruption and inconvenience) just as it did as City of Culture in 2008.


No comments:

Post a Comment