Perhaps my favourite place that I visited on my American road trip last year was Lake Tahoe. I say perhaps because there were so many fantastic places along the way and I would happily revisit all of them but I really want to go bake to Lake Tahoe to explore much more than the couple of days we had there allowed.
The 9 hour drive from Utah was memorable for many reasons, the stunning scenery from the Great Salt Lake, the salt flats and the seemingly endless desert as well as the sat nav instruction when I got onto i80 saying "stay on this road for 450 miles". At the end of the journey I was greeted by snow capped mountains, lush forests and a beautiful expansive lake.
On the only full day of the visit I headed up to Cascade Falls and hiked the cascade Falls Trail. It was an easy walk to begin with but after an easy level path initially it became steeper and narrower and in the early summer it got hot very quickly. The views along the way were absolutely stunning and at the end of the trail I bathed my feet in the icy water of the falls, probably the coldest water I have stood in, but so refreshing before heading back down the path to the car.
The drive from Lake Tahoe to San Francisco was also spectacular and it would have been great to have more time to explore places along the way. I really hope that I get an opportunity to go back some time but for now I will enjoy a few of the shots I took on the trail.
Dead wood
Western wallflower (a member of the mustard family)






No comments:
Post a Comment