Thursday, 3 September 2026

Cornish Memories

I had hoped to get out with my camera today but for various reasons I wasn't able to do so and as a result I felt a bit glum. As I am writing this I can see that it is now raining so perhaps I wouldn't have had such a great time anyway. To fill some time I decided to review a few old files and photos and I realised that I had a couple of folders that I have neglected so I have some work to do to sort through them. The first is a collection  of photos I took on a holiday in Cornwall at the end of September 2024. \9I can hardly believe that I have left them so long although I may have shared some mobile phone photos from that trip on Instagram and Facebook I don't appear to have done anything with this folder).
I had visited Cornwall briefly for a work trip a long time ago but I had never gone for leisure so I was really pleased to have an opportunity to go for a short break. I stayed in Newquay but travelled around a fair bit over the few days I was there.
These first two images were taken on Pentire Headland looking towards Fistral Beach. The conditions were a bit dull and overcast so I thought these images worked better in black and white. They are grasses which were growing on the top of an old stone wall.



These next few images are from St Michael's Mount. 

The cannon pointed towards Penzance, was one of many pointed in the same direction, I did wonder whether this was a sign of aggression towards the people of Penzance or a show of strength to ward off would be aggressors from the sea. 


I always like a nice sundial and this one definitely caught my eye. I originally shot this in black and white because I liked the way it looked in monochrome however when editing I actually wanted to bring out the colours in the sea and the stonework.


This last image was part of a "thing" I was doing with Lego minifigures, mostly using my phone's camera and you can see them all on my Instagram profile (Chipster_63), but here I have used my DSLR and I have kept it in black and white as shot. I have lots of minifigures that I like to pose in various locations to tell a story. In this image the figure represents me and has its own little camera and the image overall represents the time I spend taking pictures as well as being a little bit of fun.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment