Wednesday, 2 September 2026

On the Rock Canyon Trail

These shots were taken over a year ago on the Rock Canyon Trail just outside of Provo Utah. It was an incredibly hot day, and in the dry heat in the canyon it was really quite oppressive, so much so that I didn't complete the planned hike and returned to the car park to  find some shade. To be fair I was suffering really badly with vertigo and probably should have stayed in bed but I had also really wanted to go on this hike so had pushed myself. 

All of these images were shot using a 100 - 400 mm zoom plus 1.4x converter and in the heat and given how unwell I felt I think it is surprising they have turned out as clear as they have, I have had to bin several similar shots that were just too shaky or blurry. I did have one shot of a stunning hummingbird perched high on a branch but as excited as I was to spot it I just couldn't get a decent shot.

The dragonfly (an eight spotted skimmer apparently)  was quite stunning and did stop around long enough for these few images and the wild flowers were just amazing.







No comments:

Post a Comment