Wednesday 10 June 2015

A lot of yellow...




This beautiful Laburnum Arch was devised by Henry Davis Pochin, a Victorian Entrepreneur who created the gardens at Bodnant in 1875.  The arch is actually a 55m (180ft) long alley comprising 48 individual plants.  It is only in flower for two/three weeks each year in May and June.  It really is a spectacular sight and is a massive draw for visitors to the garden.

It was early afternoon when I arrived and the alley was full of people and so I was only able to get close up shots as in the first two pictures.  At the end of the day after a slow walk around taking pictures of many other plants and flowers most of the visitors had left (in fact the few remaining visitors including me had to leave via an emergency exit as we were locked in) and I was able to get the final shot of the arch without a single person in it.  I was really pleased to get this and hope that you enjoy seeing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment