Sunday 14 June 2015

Woodland Birds






For today I have taken a break from the flowers of Bodnant and I have taken a step into the woods and wetland of Mere Sands.  The title of the blog is slightly misleading because the first of today's three birds is a Reed Warbler so not really a woodland species, but the other two definitely are.

I was watching the Reed Warbler for a little while but it was at the farthest edge of the reed bed from the hide and was quite difficult to spot. These pictures are cropped quite closely and it was difficult to get a really sharp image due to the combination of distance and the wind. I think I will need to get some more practice.

The Robin was quite fearless and cheeky, he always kept a safe distance but I got the feeling that he was posing for the camera.  It wasn't a particular challenge getting these shots but I love Robins and I know they are popular so I am happy to post these pictures here.

The final picture is of a Bullfinch and  it was at the limit of my lens and although this little bird looks settled it was only there for a fleeting moment so again it was difficult to get a sharp image.

No comments:

Post a Comment