Thursday 11 June 2015

Spiderwort



Only 2 pictures today, combining the two colour themes from recent days, Purple and Yellow.

Have you any idea how difficult it is to identify flowers? I didn't want to say here's another picture of a plant I don't know so I started by googling "purple flower with yellow pollen" and the very first picture is one of these beautiful flowers but clicking on the link does not identify the plant itself; so frustrating...

An hour later after a lot of false leads I was able to find out what it is and I can tell you it is a variety of Spiderwort... but you already knew that from the title of this post.

I really love the deep purple with the contrasting golden yellow pollen, i love the fragile papery petals and the wispy, fern like stamen combining to make a really remarkable flower, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment