Saturday 5 December 2015

Lake Vyrnwy



Lake Vyrnwy a reservoir in Powys, Wales was constructed between 1881 and 1888, it flooded the village of Llanwddyn with the purpose of supplying Liverpool and its surrounding area with fresh water.  The stone built dam was the first of it's kind in the world.

I am really pleased with these shots, taken in September 2008. The conditions were perfect and with no wind the surface of the lake was mirror calm allowing these fantastic reflections and a great panorama.

These pictures were taken using an LG Viewty mobile phone which at the time had one of the best cameras on a mobile phone. Technology has moved on incredibly since then and I have significantly upgraded my gear. So maybe I will head back when the conditions are right to see whether I can match these images.

No comments:

Post a Comment