Thursday 30 June 2016

Magical, Mythical, Medieval







Here we are back in Lud's Church and I really hope you enjoy these shots s much as I do. Of course for me the pictures also have some associated memories which add something on a personal note. For example the first picture shows a money tree at the entrance to one section of the cleft. My daughter and I hammered a couple of pennies into the dead wood and as we did so I recalled another time when I had done the same thing on another woodland walk. It may just be me but I think the end of the trunk looks like a head facing downwards with the chin on the ground, what do you think?

You can see from these pictures how narrow the passageway was in places, he fourth and fifth pictures show a really narrow gap and it was only just possible to pass through this part although this wasn't the only way through.  I did take some pictures of my daughter squeezing through but they won't find their way onto my blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment