Wednesday 16 August 2017

Where's Lenny?




So the title of today's post is slightly cryptic but will make sense to anyone who watches the cartoon The Simpsons.

"How?" I hear you ask...

This lovely yellow flower is Sedum caereleum and the variety is "Carl". In The Simpsons Carl's best friend is Lenny so having posted these pictures of Carl I pose the question where is Lenny?

I don't have any pictures of Lenny but a little bit of research means I can share a link to the RHS website where you can see pictures of a Hibiscus variety that is called Lenny 

Anyway back to Carl, you can see from the first image how the flower head is actually a mass of tiny star shaped flowers with little coiled stamen. 

I am really happy with all three of these pictures and hope that you enjoy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment