Wednesday 4 October 2017

Autumnal Colours



Autumn is a great time to capture the fantastic colours all around as the season changes and we move closer to winter. A walk in the woods at this time of year presents a riot of greens, yellows, oranges and shades of brown and just about everything in between.

Recently at Dunham Massey I took a few pictures of the fallen leaves. In the first of today's images I thought it would look most striking in monochrome making the pale leaf stand out in stark contrast to the dark and leathery background.

In the second shot I have used a selective colour technique (something I have had fun experimenting with before) to really bring out the rich and vibrant colours of the fallen leaves.

I think both techniques work really well and I love both of these images, I hope that you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment