Wednesday 27 February 2019

Everything is Stacking Up



I am taking a short break from the shots from Venice and over the next couple of days I will be sharing a selection of pictures of a stone stacking adventure on the river Wyre in Lancashire.

I had gone out for a landscape photo session with my son but the light wasn't very good so we headed down to the river near Scorton in Lancashire, a spot I had found a little over a year ago on a camping trip, to build some stone stacks.

Here are two slightly different views of my first effort of the day. I have chosen one black and white and one colour shot. I think the poor light and the absence of any strong colour in the scene means the black and white image is actually the stronger of the two showcasing the form of the stack and the contrast of textures, light and shadow.


No comments:

Post a Comment