Sunday 17 February 2019

Something Fishy






For today I have chosen a few shots from  my early morning visit to the fish market in Venice.

It was really interesting watching the traders setting out their stalls, laying out the fish with great care in beautiful displays. Under the lights the fish, squid, octopus, langoustines and clams etc glistened in a myriad of colours. If you have seen my blog before you will know that I love black and white photography and often can't choose whether an image looks better in black and white or colour and today I have given two of the images dual treatment just to compare.

I wasn't sure whether I would be welcome poking my camera in while the traders were so hard at work. I tried to stay out of the way and be as unobtrusive as possible and most of the time they ignored me and got on with setting everything up. I caught the eye of a few of the stall holders and I think they thought I was a bit odd, maybe I am. However, odd or not I really like these images and hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment