Saturday 16 February 2019

Nicely Framed


While in Venice I got up early a couple of times taking to the streets before the crowds of tourists to witness the city waking up and going to work.

There were so many great photo opportunities and one of my favourite places was the fish and produce market close to the Rialto bridge. Watching the fishmongers and greengrocers laying out their wares was fantastic, the attention to detail, the colours and smells, wonderful.

I have chosen this picture as a first look, looking through one of the ornate archways to the brightly lit store front and a few early morning customers hoping for a a bargain. 

I was talking to someone at work this week who had visited Venice briefly on a cruise, they were underwhelmed I think and I could understand their point of view but they didn't experience the city in the way I did, walking the quiet streets on my own and I got a feel for Venice as a real city not simply as a tourist destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment