Sunday 16 June 2019

Inside The Dome





This was the second time I have visited this Chateau at Vaux le Vicomte and there were a few noticeable differences.

Firstly in the grounds the Box hedge parterre has been removed it having been ravaged by the Box moth caterpillar and secondly the additional fee to climb the stairs to the dome and view the grounds from above had increased from 1 euro to 3. Even taking inflation into account my first thought was that this was a bit steep (rather like the stairs). However when I got to the stairs it was obvious that the extra funds had been put to good use in stabilising the stairs which previously had been rickety and quite scary. This time there were new treads and additional supports so climbing up I felt much more secure.

It was worth it too as the view from the top is spectacular although I know that there are some people who seeing these stairs might think twice about venturing higher.


No comments:

Post a Comment