Monday 3 June 2019

Under Attack







So yesterday I posted some pictures of singing frogs, something I had never witnessed before. 

Today I am sharing a series of pictures captured a few days previously from the walls of the medieval city of Provins. I knew that there was a bird of prey display within the city but I was was not expecting to come quite so close to the display itself. Taking in the view of the countryside surrounding the city I was surprised as this European Vulture flew past. I wasn't really prepared for wildlife photography and but I was equipped with my 24 -105mm L series lens and the quality of the equipment really shows in these images.

Initially the vulture made a couple of solo passes but then it was quickly surrounded by a flock of pigeons and some crows that mobbed it.  After a while it took refuge in one of the ruined towers further along the wall before presumably it went to play its part in the flying display for the paying public.

No comments:

Post a Comment