Friday 4 June 2021

In Flight



 I have recently been reading some articles about photographing birds in flight so while i was at Staithes I thought I would try a few shots of the gulls around the harbour. 

Sometimes gulls are relatively easy to capture because they can glide by slowly, or in strong winds they almost hover in the air allowing time to focus and plan the shot but on this particular day these birds were on a mission and they swooped past at high speed. I think is did quite well with these shots of Herring Gulls but think I could have done better with a faster shutter speed.

On the other side of the harbour there were even more gulls building nests on the cliffs but they were even harder to photograph, I may have one or two useable images to share but I will save those for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment