Saturday 7 November 2015

On The Forest Floor




I was disappointed when I was woken up this morning with the sound of heavy rain as I had hoped to get out with my camera. I checked the forecast and although it wasn't all that promising I decided to head up to Grizedale Forest in the Lake District where I was sure that regardless of the weather there would be some good photo opportunities, and of course I was hoping for some good autumn colours.

Although the title of today's blog is "On The Forest Floor" in the first of the pictures the vivid green moss was actually growing atop a low stone wall. I love the structure of the moss, each individual plant with its tender leaves funneling water down to the roots and the rest of the colony of plants, and the fresh green colour particularly as the trees around are changing colour and shedding their leaves.

The second picture shows a small segment of the massive carpet of leaves which was a riot of amber, gold and yellow.

The final picture is my favourite of the three.  I saw the tree stump which initially had some fallen leaves laying on top but I could see the  rusty colouring of the wood shining through so I cleared the leaves away to reveal the rough cut surface. There is actually so much in this picture that I like but I will let you decide what you like about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment