Sunday 15 November 2015

WRC Champion of the World






Some action shots for today (and probably over the next few days too) taken at Rally Fest at Chirk Castle yesterday.  It was a special stage of the WRC and the shots for today are of Sebastien Ogier (pics 1 & 2), Andreas Mikkelsen (pic 3) and Kris Meeke (pics 4&5).

Ogier wasn't fastest in this stage but won the rally overall and was winner of the World Rally Championship so congratulations to him. Mikkelsen finished the rally third and third in the drivers standings for the season.  Meeke finished second in the rally and fifth in the championship.

This was my second time spectating at a rally, I love the atmosphere, the sound of the highly tuned engines as the drivers power the cars around the challenging stages and I love how close you can get to the action. This the first time I had tried my hand at photographing such an event and it was a real challenge. The weather conditions were awful, the light was poor and capturing the cars at high speed  was especially difficult.

I will select some more of my better shots in the coming days and hope that even if the subject is not to your taste you will be able to appreciate the achievement.

No comments:

Post a Comment