Wednesday 4 November 2015

What have the Romans ever done for us?




I haven't been able to blog for a couple of days for various reasons and I have missed the process of sorting through images and choosing what to share. For today I have gone back to some pictures which I took back in May.

The title of the blog today is taken from the Monty Python film The Life of Brian https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9foi342LXQE have a look at the clip, I am sure it will make you smile.

The meticulously placed slabs in the walls here at Housesteads Fort on Hadrian's Wall have stood for almost 1,900 years and they still look imposing, showing the quality of the workmanship and skills of the Roman builders. They make a good subject for a photo too so I hope you enjoy these shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment