Saturday 21 November 2015

Throwing Stones





Back in March on my road trip around Europe with my eldest son we took a drive along Route Napoleon north of Grasse.  The road winds and climbs through the Alpes Maritime and passes through the impressive Gorge Du Verdon.

We took a small detour and had a short break on the shore of Le Verdon a little way up from the barrage and hydro-electric station.  We spent a little while throwing rocks into the water and I tried to get some pictures of the water splashing as the rocks hit the water. Getting the timing right was a real challenge as was framing the shots because I was relying on my son to throw the rocks at the point I was focusing on. As you can imagine there were lots of missed shots but I managed to get a few that I am pleased with.  

No comments:

Post a Comment