Thursday 1 September 2016

Flying High


Stood here looking across the St Marys River towards the USA a french speaking couple asked if I knew what the building on the far side was. At the time I had no idea, there was a large old sailing ship moored nearby and I wondered if it had a military function. There is also a large freighter and so I wondered if together it was a maritime museum. 

It turns out that the freighter the SS Valley Camp is a museum but the building is actually St Marys Falls Hydro Power Plant. The river has been diverted from above the locks via the Edison Sault Electric Company Canal.

However it wasn't the building that caught my attention I was really more interested in the way the early evening sunlight lit up the fountain giving it a warm glow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment