Monday 12 September 2016

We Have Lift Off!





Just recently I have been posting just one picture per day but the subject for today deserves the full sequence. 

These pictures of the cormorant taking to the air were shot from a canoe in the middle of Marie Louise Lake. I love the sequence and I love the water droplets falling from the wings in the first shot and the splashes in the others. I am slightly disappointed that the pictures aren't as sharp as I had hoped but I really needed a set up with a much faster shutter speed to freeze the action, however I was actually set up for a Bald Eagle which was sat up in a dead birch tree on the island in the background. But although I didn't get the perfect shot I am still happy and I have learned so much from this trip so in the future I can do much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment