Wednesday 22 March 2017

Andean Spectacled Bear


I have a week off work and I am making the most of the opportunity to get out with my camera. 

Yesterday I went to Chester Zoo, and today I headed off to the Mach Loop in North Wales to capture some shots of the fast jets that practice low flying through the valleys, then tomorrow and Friday I plan to go camping,(probably in the Lake District) so I should hopefully get lots more pictures to sort and share.

Yesterday at the zoo my intention was predominantly to take pictures of some of the beautiful butterflies but I also grabbed a few shots of some of the other critters. 

Today's choice is of one of the Andean Spectacled Bears. I had been looking for this chap for a while and then he appeared right in front of me to take a drink from the small waterfall in the enclosure. I took this shot as he raised his head and you can see a droplet of water dripping from his lips.

I love bears and seeing this one, so close reminded me of my encounter with a wild Black Bear in Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment