Friday 10 March 2017

Pilot Lights


I have just been selecting and printing a couple of pictures, entries for this years Williamson Open Art Exhibition and I think I have picked a couple of good ones.

Each year the gallery selects one entry to go in the permanent collection and while I don't expect to have one of my pictures selected it is really satisfying to see my work displayed. It is difficult to know what the "judges" are looking for when they make their selection. I suspect that the pictures I have selected might be seen as too mainstream but then again who knows, they are really nice images. I would be happy to get some sales from the exhibition as I have done in my first year.

The picture I have posted today is one of the images I had considered entering on the basis that I suspect an abstract image might have gone down well but in the end I decided against it. I will never know if that was a poor choice or not.

I do like this image, it is cropped from a larger shot of the Woodside Ferry Terminal however this is exactly what I was wanting to capture. I have called it Pilot Lights because during the course of this shoot one of the Mersey Pilot vessels came in and moored at the terminal and the lights reflected in the river are from the boat and the gantry reaching out into the river. 

Let me know what you think of this picture in the comments below or on my facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment