Friday 28 December 2018

Storm Over Squaw Bay



I shot these two photos seconds apart looking out across the bay at Pie Island in the distance.

It was a strange day with showers coming across in waves followed by periods of clear sunny skies. It was cold on the edge of the lake but this is a spectacular spot. We had watched a large eagle circling out near the point, I am not 100% sure but it might have been a Golden Eagle although from the pictures I got it is inconclusive.

I have my typical dilemma in that choosing between the colour or black and white images is almost impossible. I like the moody feel to the first image and the sense that the storm is closing in. I like the second image though, with the splash of blue sky and the light on the horizon giving a sense of hope, hope for a brighter day and warmer weather.

Because I can't choose I post them both and leave that choice for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment