Friday 4 March 2022

Pearlescent Bark



I have stuck with just one image today, an abstract image of the bark of a tree. 

I have played about a little with the edit in lightroom for this image and I am really pleased with the result. I wouldn't normally take risks with colour because I know that I don't see things the way most people do and while I like the effect of this edit I cannot be sure what other viewers will see.

The colours in the bark were all there, the result of sap leaking out of the tree, as well as stains from the rain and algae. I have increased the saturation of specific colours to add a little drama and to emphasise the pearlescent effect. 

I  grew up believing trees are green and brown but when you look closely there is always so much more to see, and enjoy.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment